Monday, October 12, 2009

Project Thoughts

After reading Protzen's "Inca Stonemasonry" piece, I was thinking that it would be really cool to do some sort of video demonstration of one of the techniques the Inca used in constructing their buildings or making their day-to-day objects... perhaps not stonemasonry (given our lack of indigenous rock and, most likely, my lack of the requisite strength), but maybe something else like thatching. We could post the video along with renderings of the buildings/features/objects that were made using that technique.

It's a lofty project, I suppose, but I think using multiple forms of media on the website we create will make it more interesting and unique. In doing some preliminary work on Assignment 3, I came across a fantastic kids' website about a farmstead in what is now West Virginia. The site's use of multimedia was really spectacular, albeit a little cheesy... I'd love to analyze the site for the assignment. As silly as it is, I think the creators did a wonderful job of presenting a lot of information about archaeology in a very accessible and understandable way, as well as making the site interactive and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment