Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Timeless Vision of Teotihuacan

The article I chose to write about for my National Geographic critique, "The Timeless Vision of Teotihuacan" (Vol. 188, No. 6), skirts the line between actualizing Gero and Root's harsh characterization of the magazine's underlying ideologies and debunking it. As I promised in a footnote of my essay, I will include some scans from the article here so that they may be viewed at a higher resolution. What Gero and Root have gleaned from a careful, systematic reading of National Geographic lies much deeper than an average reader will venture, and, while we might too examine our articles critically and find glimpses of what Gero and Root were talking about, we are not the typical audience.

Nonetheless, here are the pictures.
































































No comments:

Post a Comment